Tuesday 22 May 2012

Most Basic Recipe

Traditional Moist Buttercake 


Butter 300gm - Cold
Fine Sugar 250gm
Vanilla Essence 1 1/2 tsp
Eggs 5 ( Grade B ) - Cold
Self Raising Flour 265gm 
Milk 50ml ( Cold )

 ( I use the same recipe for my cupcakes ...... )


Method
Cut the cold butter into smaller cubes
Cream Butter & Sugar till light & fluffy - high speed
Add eggs one by one - slow speed
Stir in dry ingredients alternating with milk 
8-9inchs tray
160C -50-60mins 

Optional For Marbel Cake 
Cocoa Powder 15gm
Choco emulco 1 tsp 


Above is my basic Buttercake recipe. Its really moist.



You can use the same recipe to bake a rainbow cake .......
you just need to double the recipe......


Once you have finished preparing the cake batter 
divide them into 6 each 450gm .
Afterwhich add food colouring ie 
red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple....
I usually use Wilon food colouring.....
available at all baking shops.....

Once that is done pour it the pie aluminium foil, 
picture below .... ( I got it at Jaya Grocer )
6 of it......& bake for 20-25 mins on 160-170C 



I could only bake two at a time because I have a small oven ...

Oh yah remember to rub butter or 
shortening onto the surface of 
the foil before pouring the batter onto it......

Baked let it set for 5 mins & let it cool. 
once all cool even all the cakes with a 
knife or cake even cutter whichI usually use that .....
Assemble them layer by layer with buttercream......


Here's my own buttercream recipe :

250gm butter
350gm shortening
450gm icing sugar
1 tbsp vanilla powder 
Pinch of salt

Above recipe is less sweet if you want it sweeter you can 
add more icing sugar ......

I used the buttercream to sandwich the 6 layers ,
as for the outer layer I added 100gm cream cheese 
into 350 gm buttercream mis will and spread it evenly.

With this recipe you may have extra 
buttercream for storing & future use 
ie cupcakes.
I use this recipe for all my cupcakes ....
because its less sweet .....


Happy trying....;-) 




1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess, I tried this recipe and loved the cake.
    In my 2nd try, i made marble cup cakes and iced them as well.
    Thanks a lot. xoxoxo
    Christine

    ReplyDelete