Monday 21 May 2012

JessYummy , how it all started.....


I never knew how to bake and I never knew to to decorate a cake but I loved to do it.
At the beginning my cakes looked good but when there were thrown on the wall, 
the wall cracked instead of the cakes , hehhehehhehhe.
Met a friend Asila she invited me to her home & 


thought me the basic baking of a buttercake.
Huff thought with one lesson I could be a hero lah……


Here goes….
It all started when I wanted to bake a cake for my godson Alexander.
I was single and didnt have an oven or a cake mixer. 
I bought all the ingredients and drove to my 
eldest sister , Catherine’s home .
She wasn’t home and I happily measuring, 
weighing and mixed the cake batter.
Well it looked good. I pre-heated the oven……
after 20 minutes I still could not feel the heat on the oven door. 


I waited another 20 minutes!!! and yet not heat but I could only hear a blowing sound.
With blur blur mind,  I just put the batter into the oven. 


Patiently I waited and waited….after 40 mins …
No reaction to the batter , I panicked. 
I called my sister and asked her if her oven was working..?
Her answer , ” yes dear I roasted a chicken yesterday.” 
Opppps and I told her what happened, she asked did you turn on the oven? 
I said yes of course…..
She said which button??
I told her the button that has a fan symbol on it…
She burst out laughing and said I should be home in a minute….
She arrived home and she stared at me and said…


” my dear sister you switched ON the fan of the oven


but you did not switch on the oven!!!!!

Holy cow I stood there feeling so embarrassed 


and a total FOOL lah but burst out laughing too wkakkakakkakakka

Chinese saying, ai yah chen hai chun loh!!!!!

Cat went upstairs and brought down a baking reference book and said ,
” Nah this is for you , a baking reference book that guides you in your baking , decorate a cake 
and also teach you how to ON THE OVEN “!!!!!!

Hehhehehhe…..from then onwards I took up the challenge And told myself , 
I will definitely learn from here and perfect myself…..

My baking journey began from here, ……I baked and baked and baked till I get to the right texture and taste. 
I attended simple baking lesson at the Bake with Yen. 

I started making my own fondant by hands and started to learn to mould 
fingerine from scratch and from books…..Today I must say I am very proud my acheivement…
but still they are I can learn and apply……still happily learning…..

Here’s the picture of the precious baking reference book given to me by my 
dearest sister……Thank you ….hehhehehhe, the bible to my baking path……burp!!!!!



Here are some of the picture of JessYummy cakes......



















No comments:

Post a Comment